Thursday, June 19, 2008

Microstock Photography Sites

Hi guys, here are some of the sites that I submit to and some reviews..
Shutterstock - Instant downloads; highest volume sold
iStockphoto - Average volume; strict quality standard, high commission
Dreamstime - I am just starting here so no comments yet...
Stockxpert - Average volume; okay commission
123RF - Low volume; okay commission
Fotolia - Low volume; high commission
Yaymicro - New site so not much sales yet, but they are going to do heavy marketing in Sept '08; pays in EURO!

68% of my income is from Shutterstock, 19% from Stockxpert, 10% form iStockphoto, 3% from 123RF and Fotolia

I suggest you try Shutterstock first, this will surely make you more interested in Photography because of the high downloads!

Also, please note that while some fare well in Shutterstock, others fare better in other sites, so you should upload in all sites as much as possible to maximize your potential.

2 comments:

小偉 said...

Hi,
I come to your blog from myLot. I am not sure how to get started with ShutterStock.

Do I need to submit my ID or passport to ShutterStock to join?

st3ph_17 said...

Yes you need to submit a scanned copy of your passport. If I remember correctly, you have to do this first before you upload your "application" photographs.

ss_blog_claim=0eddde94c3021f1ba02d7d80fcfaf602